We are currently recruiting for assistants to join our teams in our 5 salons, located in Brighton, Manchester, and Covent Garden, Hampstead and Richmond in London.
Education is the key to the success of our salons. Many of our most established team members originally joined us as assistants and have worked their way up to become hairdressers on the salon floor, members of the Art Team and beyond! We believe that nothing can rival the experience of being trained in-salon by working hairdressers’ and balancing training sessions with gaining invaluable experience of working on the salon floor. Being part of a busy salon also offers up amazing opportunities – our assistants regularly help behind the scenes at events, shoots and fashion shows including London Fashion Week.
Training at Trevor Sorbie offers the unique opportunity to be educated by some of the best hairdressers in the industry, and follow a training programme designed to educate you in all aspects of hairdressing; from customer service to stock control and managing your column.
The full training course takes between 2-3 years depending on ability and previous experience. Training sessions take place weekly and you will be encouraged to source your own models rather than just working with stationary training heads. You will undergo regular assessments and present models at the end of each module to your educator. Only once all modules have been passed successfully will you have finished the training course – but the opportunities don’t stop there! You may be invited to undergo a process with us called ‘Vardering’ which is an intensive final training programme which every hairdresser who applies to work with us (regardless of their experience or credentials) has to do. The Vardering process culminates in a final presentation of models to Trevor and his most senior Art Team members who judge the looks that have been created, and if successful welcome the salon’s newest team member!
What can Trevor Sorbie offer you?
- The unique position to be trained by some of the best hairdressers in the industry and receive a world-renowned education in hair.
- The opportunity to work as part of an Internationally respected brand.
- The chance to support the Art Team at events, shoots and fashion shows.
- Full training; customer service, stock control, products and services.
What does it mean to work at Trevor Sorbie?
- Being part of a close-knit, supportive team.
- Working for an award-winning company.
- A diverse group of people from all over the world drawn together by their passion for hair and working for Trevor.
- Different experiences and challenges every day…working with us is never dull!
What else does the role involve?
- Meeting and greeting clients.
- Providing exceptional customer service.
- Helping the team on the salon floor to ensure an exceptional client experience.
- Supporting the team on the salon floor by looking after clients at the backwash, mixing colours, helping to tidy styling stations etc.
- Helping with technical blow dries on busy days.
- Scouting your own models for training days.
We take education and training extremely seriously, so we expect our assistants to be passionate and dedicated to following our training programme. In exchange we can offer you the highest quality of training, the opportunity to earn while you train and gain experience on the salon floor, and the chance to work in a creative, inspiring and friendly atmosphere. What more could you want!
How to apply?
If you think you’re the perfect person to join our team then please email your CV, in strictest confidence, to Sue Haydon at email@example.com or call 07740909860 to discuss the role further.
Successful applicants will be contacted shortly for an interview, and if successful the next step is a trial day to allow you a taster of what the role will involve.
We look forward to hearing from you!